• Views: in the last
  • 11Week
  • 7Month
  • 65Total


  • NJ A2252
  • Appropriates $1,886,375 from 2009 Historic Preservation Fund to NJ Historic Trust for grant to Proprietary House Association for historic preservation purposes.
Introduced
(1/27/2016)
In Committee
(1/27/2016)
Crossed OverPassedSignedDead/Failed/Vetoed
2016-2017 Regular Session
This bill appropriates $1,886,375 from the "2009 Historic Preservation Fund," established pursuant to the "Green Acres, Water Supply and Floodplain Protection, and Farmland and Historic Preservation Bond Act of 2009," P.L.2009, c.117, to the New Jersey Historic Trust (NJHT) for the purpose of making a historic preservation grant to the Proprietary House Association for the restoration and preservation of the Proprietary House. Of the funding authorized by P.L.2009, c.117, with voter approval, $12 million is allocated for historic preservation purposes, of which $8,720,541 was appropriated to the NJHT by P.L.2011, c.97, and $1,393,084 was appropriated to the NJHT by P.L.2013, c.134. The bill also provides that to the extent that there are funds remaining after the project listed in this bill is offered funding, the NJHT, with the approval of the Joint Budget Oversight Committee, may use those funds to provide additional funding for historic preservation projects of local government units or qualifying tax-exempt nonprofit organizations previously approved for funding pursuant to various other laws. The Proprietary House in Perth Amboy is the only original existing colonial governor's residence in the 13 colonies. It was built for the last royal governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, son of Benjamin Franklin. The Proprietary House is a State-owned historic site, administered by the Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Parks and Forestry, and leased to the Proprietary House Association, formed in 1966 for the purpose of promoting the restoration of the Proprietary House. The Proprietors of East Jersey completed construction of the house in 1764 to serve as an official residence for the Royal Governor. Governor William Franklin occupied the house until 1776, when he was taken prisoner by the Continental Army.
Agriculture and Natural Resources
Introduced, Referred to Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee  (on 1/27/2016)
 
 

Date Chamber Action Description
1/27/2016 A Introduced, Referred to Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee
Date Motion Yea Nay Other
None specified